Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 in Review

One of my Christmas presents from a very dear friend.
I know it's been nearly a month since I last posted a review, but I decided to take a break from working on Novel Attraction so that I could be present with my family while they were home for the holidays. Now January is in full swing and I'm ready to start up working here again. The first few posts of the year will include my 13 favorite books from 2013, my TBR list for 2014, as well as a wrap-up of mini-reviews of books I read in December and never got around to posting full reviews for.

Last year, I read 64 books. My goal was 100, but with a full-time job and a lot of other obstacles life managed to throw in my path, I feel like I did pretty well. This year, my goal remains the same. Only, there will be one difference: this year, I'll be counting graphic novels as well.

Don't ask me why I haven't counted graphic novels before now. I didn't really get into them until the year before last and I didn't even really consider it until recently. It should be interesting to see how that boosts my count. Maybe if I had managed to count them last year, I would have reached that fabled hundred. We'll see, I suppose.

The next year has a lot in store for me and I'm looking some major changes in the face as I peer forward, but I cannot wait to see what will happen. However, my love for books will never change and I'll be reading away no matter what I'm doing and where I'm writing to you from. Here's to a new year and many new books to dive into!

"Wherever I am, if I've got a good book with me, I have a place I can go and be happy." -J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! What did you think?

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository